If you are looking for a simple procedure that can save your natural tooth from extraction and prevent the need for dental intervention down the road, root canal therapy might be right for you. Nuera Dental Center is pleased to offer root canal therapy!
Your Downtown Calgary Choice for Root Canal Therapy!
What is Root Canal Therapy?
A root canal is a dental procedure performed on an injured or diseased tooth, in order to save the tooth from extraction. When the pulp of the tooth (or the inner tissue of the tooth) becomes infected or dies, either from a fracture or a crack in the tooth, a cavity or an injury to the root, a root canal can save the tooth from extraction. Unfortunately, teeth cannot heal themselves, and if the infected or dead pulp remains untreated, extreme pain can result which could ultimately lead to a dental abscess or possible tooth loss.
Symptoms that might Suggest the Need for a Root Canal
- Tooth is sensitive to cold or hot
- The tooth hurts when biting
- There is throbbing and/or severe tooth pain
- The area is swollen
- You have a bad taste in your mouth
- Sometimes there are no noticeable or obvious symptoms that indicate there is a problem. Only regular dental visits and digital x-rays (as well as the professional eye of a dentist) can reveal an underlying problem.