If you are dissatisfied because you have discoloured, cracked, or chipped teeth, cosmetic tooth bonding might be the answer! Nuera Dental Center is pleased to offer this dental procedure to improve the overall look and feel of your teeth, and help you attain the smile of your dreams!
Your Downtown Calgary Choice for Dental Bonding!
What is Dental Bonding?
Dental Bonding is a procedure whereby a tooth-coloured composite resin is applied to one or more of your teeth to cover any damage or defects, improve the structure of a tooth, and/or enhance the overall appearance. The procedure does not take long, you do not require anesthesia, and there is no downtime (so you can continue with your normal daily routine once the procedure is completed).
What is the Process of Getting a Dental Bond?
Benefits of Dental Bonding
- Significantly improves the appearance of a cracked, chipped, discoloured, or damaged tooth
- Can repair decayed teeth
- Can repair cracked teeth
- Can repair chipped teeth
- Can repair discoloured teeth
- Can close small gaps between teeth
- Can increase the size of a tooth (if you have a tooth that is shorter than the rest, and you wish them to be all the same length)
- Can protect a portion of the tooth that has been exposed when gums recede
- If proper care is taken, lasts from 3 to 5 years
- Removes the least amount of tooth enamel
- Avoids the use of anesthesia
The bonding procedure can often be completed in a single office visit and can improve the appearance of a tooth significantly. However, since the plastic resin used is not as strong as your natural tooth enamel, it is more likely to stain, chip, or break than natural teeth. Bonding typically lasts 3 to 5 years before it needs repair. Your dentist can discuss with you whether tooth bonding is the right solution for you.
If you are looking for an effective way to repair chipped, damaged, or discoloured teeth, dental bonding might be right for you. If you have any questions about tooth bonding, or you would like to set up an appointment, please call us at (403) 228-3088 and we will be happy to help.