Staff and patient safety is always our top priority, and always has been, even before COVID-19. In today’s “new normal,” this remains the case with increased COVID-19 safety measures and precautions in place
Our COVID-19 Safety Procedures for Patients & Staff
What to Expect when you visit our office:
- All appointments will be booked over the phone. Before booking, patients will be pre-screened for health status and potential exposure to COVID-19.
- We are now calling to confirm all appointments. If you have an appointment scheduled and have not received a confirmation call, please call our office. We are working diligently to reschedule patients who had appointments while we were closed.
- To facilitate and maintain physical distancing within the practice, and limit contact with surfaces, personalized arrival procedures for patients will now include paperless completion of patient screening and consent on our website. We ask that you call us from the parking lot upon arrival, and we will let you know when we can safely see you in the office. We will meet you upon entering the clinic and guide you directly to your treatment room.
- All patients and team members will be provided with hand sanitizer upon entering into the practice and prior to exiting treatment areas.
- All patients, accompanying adults, and team members are required to wear a mask when inside the practice.
- Adequate reduction and spacing of reception room seating and removal of all non-essential surface items (such as magazines, toys, books, etc.) that can harbour or transfer germs of any kind. Hand sanitizers positions throughout the clinic.
- Visible signage through the practice to enhance your awareness of health issues related to this pandemic, as well as to ensure optimized traffic flow and distancing.
- Installation of sneeze guards or droplet barriers at all reception areas.
- Providing a 1.5% hydrogen peroxide oral pre-rinse for all patients over the age of 12 to minimize the risk of aerosol mediated virus transmission. The rinse decreases the amount of COVID-19 virus in the saliva.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients as well as of all high-touch surfaces throughout the practice.
- Enhanced PPE, including respirators, face-shields, long sleeve gowns, and head covers for clinical team members.
- Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of all equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs and buttons.
- Disinfection of all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
- Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner, as well as to facilitate spacing and enhanced cleaning and PPE.
- We can provide Teledentistry services for follow-up lab reports or communication that can be done online or through video education.
- Enhance ambient air management including HEPA filtration in all treatment rooms and patient reception areas.
Please rest assured that our plan is dynamic, and strictly follows all guidelines set by our governing bodies. We will continue to evolve as we continue to learn how to best manage your health and safety, and this section will be updated regularly and accordingly. Please feel free to contact us at any time if you have any questions regarding your health and safety.
Please feel free to contact us at any time if you have any questions regarding your health and COVID-19 safety.